Here’s a quick “report” that prints barcode labels for a selected project and all its tasks. Comment on the video below, and let us know what you think!
We use the word report in quotes because its not really a report. Instead, it’s the barcode labels for any given project. That’s not really a report, right?
But you may find this useful if you’re tracking time in manufacturing or assembly. Start by scanning your employee name. Then scan the project name followed by the task. A timer will start to record your employee jobs.
Scan the word STOP to stop the timer. Now you have time logs with start and stop times. Lots of them! You’ll see scans come into the system in real-time. Now you can use them for all your wonderful reasons. Here are some to consider:
- Learn how much time each employee works
- Learn how long projects actually take to produce (rather than guessing)
- Get actual time for each task of a project
- Find out how long each product takes to manufacture and ship
- Compare manufacturing time to admin time (what percentage is each)