If you’re barcoding both time and materials for manufacturing, take a look at this video.
You’re going to see how you can track both time and expenses with a barcode scanner. First you’ll scan the project and task to start the timer. Next, you can scan expense templates that represent the materials or supplies being consumed on the job.
Expense templates are used to represent all the fields you want per-populated in each expense record. They have a name you can scan. That names shows up in the timesheet, with the quantities next to it. Just scan once for each item being consumed. The quantity will update each time. Then look in the Expenses tab to see all the records you are accumulating.
Scroll down for the video.
Now that you have both time and expenses for the manufacturing process, you know exactly:
- How much time you’re spending for each employee
- How much time goes into each product
- Where that time breaks down into tasks
- How much each project costs
- How much of that project is time
- How much of that project is materials