The government is a huge bureaucracy that has many rules. When you have a government project they require rules for tracking your time. Any easy way for tracking your time is with Standard Time® which has DCAA compliance built in.
Employees on your team will have to follow these rules, plus others:
- Employees should enter hours on the day they occur, so they are more accurate and nothing is forgotten.
- One employee cannot enter hours for another. No ghost posting.
- If you make a change to previous entries, you should enter a note explaining the change.
- Each employee must have a username (and password) so their postings are associated with this name. That means you can’t use a spreadsheet because change to spreadsheet are anonymous.
- Employees must submit timesheets so there is an electronic signature associated with this action.
- Managers must approve [submitted] hours for employees.