Automatically reorder inventory using a barcode scanner. Watch the video below, and then try these steps on your shop floor:
- Place a barcode label on your BOM (bill of materials)
- Scan the BOM when you start work
- Each item in the BOM will be deducted from inventory
- Optionally scan a task to start tracking time to the job
- Complete the work
- Scan STOP to stop the timer
Step #2 and #3 (which are really the same step) may kick off automate scripts to reorder inventory that has fallen below a predefined threshold. Those inventory items may appear at your receiving dock as a result of that reorder. Scan them to add them back into inventory.
Is it really that simple?